THIS IS AN INTERNAL VACANCY
Salary – £19,000 p/a
40 hours per week: 9am – 5pm (must be flexible)
Based in Blackburn
Clothes Aid is a well-established social business and working in partnership with various UK charities including the NSPCC and Make-A-Wish Foundation UK. Clothes Aid raises over a £1 million a year on behalf of its charity partners.
Summary of Role:
- Assisting the Warehouse Manager with the day to day management of warehouse operations.
- Supervising warehouse personnel to ensure the provision of a professional incoming goods, storage and dispatch service to customers, encompassing both speed and accuracy.
1. Assisting the warehouse manager with the day to day management of the warehouse
2. Planning and co-ordinating the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of goods in a timely and efficient manner to achieve objectives as determined by the warehouse manager
3. Co-ordinating with transporters and supplies for the dispatch and procurement of goods
4. To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management
5. Ensuring quality and service within the warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards
6. Organising and ensuring accurate and periodic cycle counts and stock takes
7. Supervising loading and unloading operations
8. Preparing documentation and uploading relevant information and paperwork onto the company’s software IT systems.
9. Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective supervision, training & development, health and safety within the warehouse
Requirements and Key Skills:
- 2 years’ + recent, relevant supervisory experience in a Warehouse environment.
- UK Driving Licence with less than six penalty points
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong IT skills.
- High level of communication, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Ability to use initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude with great attention to detail.
- Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, company policies and procedures.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company.
- Able to work under a minimum supervision within a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible.
If you’ve got what it takes then what are you waiting for? Download and submit an application form now. No CVs please.
Please submit application form to Sam Hollande – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 13 September 2017
Shortlisting: Wednesday 20 September 2017
Interview date: Wednesday 27 September 2017
Clothes Aid is an equal opportunity employer